Leader Publications Submission
• Leaders publications are opportunities to bring recognition to men and women who have made their mark in their specific occupations, professions, or in service to others in their community or state.
• A sincere effort is made to include those whose positions or accomplishments in their chosen fields are significant and those whose contributions to community affairs whether city-wide or on the neighborhood level have improved the quality of life for all of us.
• If submitting your information to be included, please be sure to read the SAMPLE BIO and SAMPLE HEADSHOT information and follow the instructions carefully.
• Files can be sent in jpg, tiff, or eps format.
• Photos taken by professional photographers work best. We have official photographers in each city. Please call our office if you need the contact information for the photographer in your city.
• If you do not have a professional headshot, please make sure there is nothing distracting in the background of the photograph. Photos should be sent in color. Ideally, a headshot should include your head and shoulders. If you wear glasses, make sure there is no glare.
• DO NOT SEND Polaroid shots, photocopies, halftones, slides, photos printed from your computer, or selfie photos from your cell phone.
IDEAS FOR CREATING A BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH
• LIMIT: 180 WORDS OR LESS:
• Every biographical entry must include name, title, and company or organization.
• Include work-related responsibilities in the first paragraph.
• List any honors and special achievements.
• List organization memberships/affiliations (i.e., sororities /fraternities, volunteer endeavors, church, etc.)
• Include educational background if applicable (i.e., school and degree(s) earned).
• Include personal data (hobbies, children/ spouse information, favorite quote, etc.)